Customer Repair and Maintenance Center
OTDR service & calibration
Large pool available
Equipment like an OTDR needs to be precise in every situation.
Make sure you can fully rely on the results and get your device calibrated.
We have a large pool of VIAVI and EXFO OTDRs such as FTB 720, 730, 750 Max 720 Quad, MAX730C and 730D of over 1000 units in the field.
This means we have a strong, highly qualified team of top technicians to keep the OTDRs fresh and up to date.
OTDRs typically have a multimode port for 850 nm and 1300 nm and a second port for single mode for 1310 nm, 1550 nm and 1625/1650 nm.
It is important to check the output level and wavelength for each optical window!
Calibration services include:
- Cleaning the instrument
- Cleaning and polishing the ferule (in case of damage replacement of pigtail/ferule)
- Checking the connectors
- Updating OS and firmware
- Checking battery, power supply and electrical safety
- Providing a certificate
Please login to see pricing
Fusion Splicer Service including cleaver adjustment
RentalTec has a large pool of Fusion Splicers and has a strong, highly qualified team of top technicians to keep the splicers fresh and up to date.
By scheduling maintenance regularly, you or your employees can keep working without any issues – if needed, we will provide you with a replacement unit during the maintenance!
We offer a complete review of the equipment:
- Cleaning the entire device
- Cleaning the V-grooves, fiber holders
- Cleaning the optics, microscope lenses, and mirrors
- Adjusting the stepper motors
- Firmware update of splicer to the latest fiber-optic types, e.g., bend optimized Fibers (FTTH sector used)
- Electrode exchange
- Clearing memory, testing power supply and battery
- Checking electrical device safety
- Creation of a protocol for the documentation of the splicing device serviced
- Cleaning cleaver and adjustment – if necessary, replacement with a new original blade